Check out this awesome Jerk Chicken recipe, seasoned with our very own Jerk Chicken Marinade!
- 1/2 cup Malt Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dark Rum
- 2 Scotch Bonnet Peppers with seeds, chopped, or Habaneros
- 1 Red Onion chopped
- 1 packet Dimply's Jerk Chicken Rub Seasoning
- 5 - 6 pounds Roasting Chicken cut in half, lengthwise
- 1/2 cup Lime Juice
- Put vinegar, rum, hot peppers, onion, green onion tops, Dimply's Memphis Pork Rub in a blender. Pulse until mostly smooth.
- Place chicken in a large freezer bag, or in a large roasting pan or baking dish. Pour lime juice over the chicken and coat well. Add the jerk paste to the chicken pieces and coat well. Seal the bag or cover the chicken in the pan with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, remove chicken from the marinade bag or pan. Put the remaining marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside to use as a basting sauce for the chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place chicken halves in a rimmed baking pan, skin side up. Roast until chicken halves are cooked through, about 50-60 minutes. The chicken is done when the juices run clear (not pink) when a knife tip is inserted into both the chicken breast and thigh, about 165-170°F for the breast and 180-185°F for the thigh. Transfer chicken to platter. Tent loosely with foil to keep warm and let stand 15 minutes.
- Cut chicken into pieces. Serve with black beans and rice.