Vegetable Soup with Cajun Seasoning
- 2 Russet Potatoes Large, peeled, and cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 1 Carrot Medium, peeled, and cut into medium dice
- 1 cup Peas Fresh or frozen
- Dimply's Cajun Rub
- 1 1/2 cups Fava Beans Cooked, dried
- 1 ear Yellow Corn Large, shucked, and cut into 6 pieces crosswise
- 1 1/2 quarts Vegetable Stock or Equivalent Homemade made with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Cilantro Leaves Minced, fresh
- Combine potatoes, carrots, half of peas, half of favas, corn, Dimply's Cajun seasoning, and vegetable stock (or water with stock base) in a pressure cooker. Bring to high pressure and cook for 15 minutes. Release pressure by running a stovetop pressure cooker under cold tap water or by using the quick steam release on an electric pressure cooker.
- Bring soup to a simmer. Using a potato masher or a stick whisk, mash vegetables until broth is thickened but some large pieces still remain. Add remaining fresh peas and fava beans and simmer until cooked through about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve, making sure to include one piece of corn in each bowl (along with a fork to pick it up), and sprinkling each serving with cilantro.